|Greenwood, Christopher and John. Six sheet map. 1828.|
Map of the South East Circuit of the Principality of Wales, comprising the Counties of Glamorgan, Brecon & Radnor, From an Actual Survey made in the Years 1826 & 1827, by C. & J. Greenwood. Most Respectfully Dedicated to the Nobility, Clergy & Gentry of Wales, By the Proprietors C. Greenwood & Co. 13 Regent Street, Pall Mall, London. Published Feby 15th. 1828.
Large vignette of Llandaff Cathedral, beneath title.
Key at bottom left corner, with scale below. 10 miles = 7inches (190mm) ¾ in. to one mile.
Compass on right side.
Very good original colouring, the hundreds in pale washes heightened at the borders.
Dissected into quarto pieces, 24 x 15cm, laid on linen for folding, the edges bound in green ribbon, the outer end when folded are marbled paper. Contained in full calf slipcase, worn and holed but firm, red and gilt title label on spine, marbled edges.
This is a very good example of one of the rarest of the Greenwood large scale maps.
|<<Back to Catalogue||Enquire>>|